Try out these easy, soft, and colorful carrot buns. They are super easy to make and perfect for lunch, breakfast, or dinner.
Carrot Buns with Turmeric [Vegan]
- 4 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 8 teaspoons fresh yeast
- .84 cups lukewarm water
- .42 cups unsweetened soy milk or almond milk
- 2 medium carrots shredded
- 50 grams mixed seeds
- 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve the fresh yeast in the lukewarm water and the sugar.
- Add plant milk and turmeric.
- Add grated carrots and seeds to the liquid and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add the flour a little at a time while stirring.
- Add the salt and a pinch of pepper and keep stirring and mixing.
- Continue working with the dough while adding flour until you get to a dough that is still moist and soft, but does not stick to the spatula.
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen cloth and let proof for 30 mins.
- On a baking tray with parchment paper or silicon baking mat, shape 9 buns and distribute evenly on the tray. To be more precise you can weight each bun before shaping it. Each should weigh 115 grams.
- Preheat the oven at 200°C (390°F), while allowing the buns to proof on the tray for another 20 minutes. If you want, you can sprinkle some seeds on top of the buns.
- Before baking, brush the top of the buns with some water, and bake for 30 minutes.
- If you can, let the buns cool down before eating them.