This recipe has a cinnamon-zucchini base with a sweet caramel topping, similar to what you would find at the top of a caramel pecan roll. It’s sweet and satisfying without being overly indulgent, so you can enjoy it in the morning without upsetting your stomach for the rest of the day (even if you have a sensitive gut.)
Caramel Pecan Roll Overnight Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk of choice (or water)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4-1/3 cup pureed or shredded zucchini or yellow squash (optional)
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- scant 1/8 teaspoon butter extract (make sure it's vegan) (optional)
- 1-3 teaspoon chia seeds (optional, add extra tbsp liquid if using)
- handful or raisins (optional)
- pinch of salt
- caramel for topping (like a vegan caramel-flavored agave) pecans for topping
- Combine all ingredients except caramel and pecan, cover, and let sit overnight in the fridge (or at least several hours).
- When ready to eat, heat for a minute and a half in the microwave OR leave cold. Top with pecans and caramel sauce and ENJOY!