Who doesn't love a vegetable-filled quiche for breakfast? In this recipe, a flaky pie crust is filled with a light and fluffy mixture of savory button mushrooms and greens. The result is an unbelievably savory, delicious breakfast tart that you'll want to make again and again.
Button Mushroom and Leek Quiche [Vegan]
- 10 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach. roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 16-ounce package silken tofu
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Vegan pie dough
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare your pie dough. Spray a pie shell with non-stick spray and place dough inside.
- Sauté mushrooms, leeks, and onion in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil until they begin to brown (be sure to cook at the moisture out). Add spinach and cook until wilted, then add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine silken tofu, almond milk, paprika, and a little bit of salt and pepper. Blend until you get a very smooth consistency.
- Combine tofu mixture with mushroom, mix well, then add to pie shell.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes, or until tofu is set. Let sit for at least 20 minutes before serving.