The bites only take about 45 minutes to make start to finish, but truth be told they will probably disappear in under 5. Don’t worry though, the recipe can be doubled, or tripled, or quadrupled.
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 head cauliflower
For the Buffalo Sauce:
- 2/3 cup hot sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons light agave nectar (more or less to heat preference)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or melted vegan butter
For the Garnishes:
- Celery sticks
- Vegan blue cheese dressing or ranch
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut cauliflower into bite sized florets.
- Stir together flours, baking powder and salt. Mix in cold water to form a batter.
- Work each floret through batter, allowing excess to drip off before placing on the lined baking sheet. Try not to crowd.
- Bake cauliflower for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While cauliflower is baking, whisk together buffalo sauce over low heat. I like to do this in a large sauce pan for easy tossing once the bites are done.
- When the cauliflower is done, gently swirl and toss in buffalo sauce. Serve immediately with celery sticks, vegan bleu cheese or ranch.
These can also be fried instead of baked for a more authentic texture and flavor.