Pancakes have long been a food that I dismissed as “can’t possibly be healthy! No way!” But in the recent years I realized that the pancake could be nutritious and nourishing if only the correct ingredients were used. Buckwheat has been shown to lower cholesterol and help lower blood pressure while turmeric is a potent anti- inflammatory agent. Plus, if you are avoiding gluten, this is the pancake for you!
Buckwheat Pancakes and Warm Berry Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Buckwheat Pancakes and Warm Berry Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cardamom (optional but tasty)
- 3 teaspoons organic turmeric powder
- 1½ cups nut milk of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup frozen or fresh berries
- 1 Tbls maple syrup
How to Prepare Buckwheat Pancakes and Warm Berry Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a seperate bowl, peel and mash banana until no clumps are visible. Add the wet ingredients and
- mix well.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until batter is smooth. If batter is too watery or too thick, add more flour or water accordingly.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan on med heat. When warm, add 2 Tablespoons of batter and spread evenly.
- Let pancake cook on one side for approx 3 min or until middle begins to bubble, then flip over to other side and cook through.
- When you have just a couple pancakes left to make, heat a small saucepan with the berries and maple syrup on medium heat. Allow the berries to defrost, and mash them or keep intact. Let cook on med-low heat until sauce is very warm.
- Serve pancakes with sauce on top and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.