Warm turnovers are like little pockets of happiness. This particular one is filled with delicious blueberry jam and topped with a unique maple miso drizzle and slivered almonds. They’re fluffy, soft, and go perfectly with a cup of rooibos tea.
Blueberry Turnovers With Maple Miso Glaze [Vegan]
For the Turnovers:
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 tablespoons blueberry jam
- Slivered almonds
- Flour, to dust work surface
For the Drizzle:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white miso
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2-3 teaspoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly flour a piece of parchment paper cut to the size of your rimmed baking sheet and a rolling pin (very light dusting). Unfold your puff pastry sheet onto floured parchment. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife cut pastry sheet into 6 equal squares. Roll each square until it will easily fold onto itself into a triangle shape, careful not to roll out too thin.
- Place 1 tablespoon of jam onto one half of the triangle, repeat until all halves are filled with jam. Working with one pastry at a time, flip the non-jam side onto the jam filled half. Working around the triangle, seal the edges by crimping the bottom seam up onto the top seam until fully sealed (sides will puff up and some jam will spill out over the side while baking). Repeat until all triangles are formed and sealed.
- Transfer parchment paper to a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and puffy.
- Remove from oven and allow to slightly cool. While turnovers are cooling, combine all drizzle ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth and thick.
- Drizzle the turnover with the maple miso drizzle and sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Serve hot or warm.