This Blueberry Pineapple Overnight Oatmeal recipe is perfect for summer. It's so fresh and filling -- the perfect way to start a long day of swimming and hanging out in the sun. It will also give you the opportunity to try that new plant-based yogurt that you've been looking for an excuse to buy. Vegan yogurt will add some extra protein and creaminess to your oatmeal, which is always a good idea.
Blueberry Pineapple Overnight Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup quick-cook steel cut oats
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon plant-based milk of choice, or water
- 1/4 cup vegan yogurt of choice
- 1/4 cup (or more) frozen wild blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen diced pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (omit or reduce if using a flavored yogurt)
- pinch of salt
- optional: 1-2 teaspoons chia seeds AND an extra tablespoon liquid
- Combine all ingredients in a container with a lid. Stir, or cover and shake, until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Set in fridge overnight or for at least two hours. In the morning, add desired toppings (try coconut!) and eat COLD (yogurt becomes sour when heated up).