Millet porridge is a healthy way to start your day. If you are looking for a warming and filling breakfast, this vegan, gluten free porridge is it!
Blueberry and Millet Porridge [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1 1/2 cups oat milk or your choice of plant-based milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and/or cardamom
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- Rinse the millet, then place in a small pot with the milk, spices, blueberries and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir in the vegan butter and a little extra milk if needed to make it creamy.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add some vegan butter and melt. Add the cinnamon and stir to combine. Add the banana and cook until a light caramel forms. About 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with your fave toppings.