A nutritious veggie & protein-packed smoothie that tastes like birthday cake? It may sound too good to be true, but this crowd-pleasing combo is low in sugar (well, minus the sprinkles!) and loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, healthy fats, and plant-based protein!
Birthday Cake Smoothie [Vegan]
- 1 cup steamed-then-frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen papaya, mango, or banana; substitute ice for keto (see note below*)
- 3 to 4 frozen strawberries (optional, for pink color, or 1 to 2 teaspoons red beet crystals)
- 2 tablespoons vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon white chia seeds (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon pure almond extract, adjusted to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk, adjusted to desired consistency
- Lakanto sugar-free monk fruit or sweetener of choice, adjusted to taste
- pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend together until smooth.