This vegetable based carpaccio is easy to make and tastes amazing. Your beets can be steamed or pickled... just drizzle a little bit of olive oil or make a vinaigrette.
Beetroot Carpaccio [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 4 beetroot, cooked or pickled
- some olive oil or a vinaigrette to drizzle
For the Topping:
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- 1 handful of raisins
- 1 handful of shredded coconut
- Thinly slice the cooked (or pickled) beetroot on a mandolin or with a very sharp knife and spread out a plate. Drizzle some vinaigrette over the beets or a good quality olive oil.
- Meanwhile, roast pine nuts and raisins on an oven tray, shaking occasionally, until golden (2-4 minutes). Add the shredded coconut in for another minute or so. Be careful as it browns very quickly. Then scatter over beets.
- If you like, add some green herbs or spinach as a topping.