The tangy and zesty-ness of orange and beet flavors pairs so lovely with the neutral walnuts. This dip is perfect on toast, crackers, or cucumber slices!
Beet and Walnut Dip [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
2 cups (8, 1/4 cup servings)
- 14 1/2-ounces fresh beets (scrubbed with skin on)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, soaked in water 4-6 hours
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (about 1 orange)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice (about half an orange)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Optional topping: parsley, toasted walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F convection.
- Add beets to a small baking dish in a single layer. Drizzle with oil, add a pinch of salt, and a splash of water (a few tablespoons).
- Cover tightly and roast for 50-60 minutes until tender.
- Let cool slightly then peel and add to a food processor with the drained walnuts and remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth, and top with parsley and walnuts.