The tangy and zesty-ness of orange and beet flavors pairs so lovely with the neutral walnuts. This dip is perfect on toast, crackers, or cucumber slices!
Beet and Walnut Dip [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
2 cups (8, 1/4 cup servings)
Ingredients You Need for Beet and Walnut Dip [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 14 1/2-ounces fresh beets (scrubbed with skin on)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, soaked in water 4-6 hours
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (about 1 orange)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice (about half an orange)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Optional topping: parsley, toasted walnuts
How to Prepare Beet and Walnut Dip [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F convection.
- Add beets to a small baking dish in a single layer. Drizzle with oil, add a pinch of salt, and a splash of water (a few tablespoons).
- Cover tightly and roast for 50-60 minutes until tender.
- Let cool slightly then peel and add to a food processor with the drained walnuts and remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth, and top with parsley and walnuts.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per 1/4 cup Serving: Calories: 85 | Carbs: 6 g | Fat: 7 g | Protein: 2 g | Sodium: 43 mg | Sugar: 4 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.