Beets have a very impressive nutritional profile, making them a great choice for getting some essential vitamins and minerals— especially magnesium and iron. Sprinkle a little bit of cacao powder to top off this beet latte and it becomes an amazing (caffeine- free) afternoon drink that tastes ever- so- slightly like Nutella.
Beet Hazelnut Latte [Vegan]
- 1 fresh beet or 2 to 3 ounces of fresh beet juice
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup hazelnut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cacao powder, plus more for sprinkling
- Cut off stems of beet and chop beet in half; add each half to a juicer, one at a time, and collect beet juice. It should make about 3 ounces of beet juice. Pour into the bottom of a mug (or clear glass if you have one; this drink is beautiful!).
- Heat hazelnut milk in a small saucepan on low heat on the stove until you see steam rising from the pan. Add cacao powder and almond extract and stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour milk over beet juice and sprinkle with cacao powder. Enjoy!