This is such a delicious, filling and flavorful salad. It has complementary textures - you will love it and make it a go to meal for this cold winter season.
Beet and Arugula Salad with Fennel [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Salad:
- 1 large beet or 2 small beets, roasted and cut into hearts
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 avocado, diced
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wrap beets in tin foil and bake for 30-45 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. (cooking time depends on size of beets) When tender, remove from oven and let cool. Remove skin and slice into 1/4 inch pieces. Use a heart cookie cutter or paring knife to make heart shapes.
- Meanwhile, whisk dressing ingredients together adding sea salt and pepper as desired.