Meat loaf is the epitome of North American comfort food. This version is vegetarian, healthy and gluten free. It’s so good that you may be able to trick your meat-loving friends to give this a try.
Bean Loaf With Homemade BBQ Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Bean Loaf With Homemade BBQ Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups of finely chopped mushrooms (about 10 medium sized mushrooms)
- 1 can of green lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon ground linseed
- 1/4 cup gram (chickpea) flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- BBQ Sauce
How to Prepare Bean Loaf With Homemade BBQ Sauce [Vegan]
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF
- In a pot heat the olive oil and add the onion, carrots and celery.
- Add the garlic, oregano and paprika.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until softened.
- Add the drained lentils and linseed and smoosh the mixture against the side of the pot with your spoon to mash it up a bit.
- Add the gram flour and mix until absorbed and salt and pepper the mixture to your taste.
- Transfer the mixture into a loaf tin, add the BBQ sauce on top, and bake for 40 minutes until a caramelized crust forms.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.