This recipe for roasted stuffed squash is filled with walnuts, black olives, beans, fresh herbs, and spices will please everyone. The soft and sweet roasted squash and the chewy, hearty, and slightly spicy filling makes an extremely decadent, yet simple meal. It's a must-try that'll turn into a household favorite!
Basil, Sage, Walnut, and Navy Bean Stuffed Squash [Vegan]
- 1 large squash (such as red kuri squash)
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of cooked navy beans
- 15 fresh sage leaves
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 10 pitted black olives
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1/4 cup of garden cress
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut squash into 4 pieces and scoop out seeds and stringy bits with a spoon. Bake for about 40 minutes at 400°F.
- Meanwhile, add walnuts, navy beans, sage, basil, chili, olives, garlic, lemon and lime juice, oil, salt, and pepper to a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Make sure to leave a crumbly texture.
- Spoon walnut mixture into the cavities of the squash and place back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Drizzle squash pieces with balsamic glaze and garnish with garden cress. Serve warm.