This simple six-ingredient cake is awesome for when you have a bunch of ripe bananas, but want to go beyond the usual banana bread. Made from oat flour, almond butter, and mashed bananas, this chocolatey fruit-sweetened dessert has a texture similar to a mud cake. It's topped with a sweet maple-peanut butter frosting that seeps into the cake and makes it even more indulgent. It pairs beautifully with strawberries, but any fresh berry works, too.
6-Ingredient Banana Chocolate Mud Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for 6-Ingredient Banana Chocolate Mud Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Mud Cake:
- 6 ripe bananas
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Frosting:
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Prepare 6-Ingredient Banana Chocolate Mud Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Add all of the mud cake ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. You may want to process your oats first and turn them into a flour for a finer consistency.
- Transfer into a lined or lightly greased mini (6-inch) cake tin and bake for 20-25 minutes at 335°F. The cake does not rise very much, but it should start to look fudgy when it is cooked.
- For the frosting, in a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Drizzle over mud cake and spread out evenly with spatula.
- Top with strawberries or any toppings of choice.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.