This simple six-ingredient cake is awesome for when you have a bunch of ripe bananas, but want to go beyond the usual banana bread. Made from oat flour, almond butter, and mashed bananas, this chocolatey fruit-sweetened dessert has a texture similar to a mud cake. It's topped with a sweet maple-peanut butter frosting that seeps into the cake and makes it even more indulgent. It pairs beautifully with strawberries, but any fresh berry works, too.
6-Ingredient Banana Chocolate Mud Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Mud Cake:
- 6 ripe bananas
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Frosting:
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all of the mud cake ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. You may want to process your oats first and turn them into a flour for a finer consistency.
- Transfer into a lined or lightly greased mini (6-inch) cake tin and bake for 20-25 minutes at 335°F. The cake does not rise very much, but it should start to look fudgy when it is cooked.
- For the frosting, in a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Drizzle over mud cake and spread out evenly with spatula.
- Top with strawberries or any toppings of choice.