This rigatoni bake is creamy, delicious, and features a homemade sauce. Peas are added to the mix to sneak in some extra green veggies. Enjoy this dish with a big piece of day-old bread!
Baked Rigatoni With Peas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 17-ounces (gluten-free) rigatoni or other noodles
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 1/2-ounces peas
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/4 cups cream (soy or oats)
- Vegan mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- Salt & pepper
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic and add them to the oil in a saucepan and fry both together until translucent. In the meantime, cook the noodles according to the package.
- Add the tomato paste to the pan and fry. Deglaze with the vegetable stock, pour in the cream, and bring to a boil. Now simmer the sauce over medium heat for 10 minutes, then add the peas and simmer for another 10 minutes. Season with the paprika and season with salt and pepper .
- Place the pasta in a baking dish, pour the sauce over it, and mix it all together. Spread the vegan mozzarella on top.
- Place in the oven at 355°F on the middle rail and bake until the topping is nice brown.