The flavor of these are pretty spot on to the traditional version. Skip take out and make them yourself and see exactly what goes into every single bite. And you don't have to order multiple orders of samosas to be satisfied, now you can make your own and have as many as you'd like. Best life hack ever: make your own food, eat as much as you want. You won't want to skip this recipe.
Baked Potato Samosa Cups [Vegan]
48 mini cups
- 3 baked potatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- A pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup water
- A few tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 48 vegan wonton wraps
- Olive oil spray
- Bake your potatoes in a 425°F oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Once cooked through let cool, remove the skin, and lightly mash the potatoes. Set aside.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with olive oil and line each cup with one wonton wrapper. Spray again. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil, diced onions, and chopped carrots. Saute for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic and all the spices to the pan and stir well.
- Once garlic and spices are toasty and fragrant, add potatoes and mix well to heat them back up again.
- Add frozen peas once everything is cooked through and spoon mixture into each wonton cup.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 7-8 minutes until edges are crispy and golden brown.
Recipe makes 48 mini cups or 2 trays but you could also fill the wonton wrappers and fold over in a triangle shape. Then fry these in a skillet until the outside is crispy.