These plant-based fishless tacos are the perfect lunch for a summer day. The crispness of the fishless filets, the sharpness and bite from the wine-pickled onions, and the finishing bright aioli complete this simple Baja favorite.
Baja Fishless Tacos [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Baja Fishless Tacos [Vegan]
For the Filets:
- 1 (10.1-oz) package of Fishless Filets
- 1/2 cup pickled onions
- 1/4 cup aioli
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
For the Tacos:
- 6 to 8 corn tortillas
- 1 lime, sliced in wedges, for garnish
- cilantro sprigs, for garnish
How To Make Baja Fishless Tacos [Vegan]
- Prepare the Fishless Filets according to package instructions, flipping them when they are cooked halfway through to ensure even crispness. While the filets are baking, prepare your mise en place.
- Assemble the pickled onions, aioli and shredded cabbage.
- To soften the tortillas, lightly steam them or put them in the oven for one minute.
- Assemble the tacos by first cutting each filet in half. Next, a couple of spoonfuls of the aioli and then top with the shredded cabbage and wine-pickled onions. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve immediately.
- Serve the tacos with extra aioli, lime wedges and your favorite hot sauce.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile