Avocado key lime pie is rich, creamy, and delicious. This no-bake dessert is vegan, gluten-free, and easy to make. This healthy dessert is made of whole food plant-based ingredients for a dessert that leaves you satisfied.
Avocado Key Lime Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 3/4 cups pecans toasted
- 1 cup dates pitted
- pinch salt optional
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, (soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes and drained)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or another liquid sweetener
- 1 large avocado pitted and peeled
To Make the Crust:
- Add the pecans, dates, and a pinch of salt, if desired, to a food processor.
- Process until the mixture holds together when pinched between your thumb and forefinger. This may take a few minutes depending on the moisture of your dates.
- Dump the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan or pie plate and then pat firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan. If you're using a pie plate press it up the sides too. Set aside.
To Make the Filling:
- If you have a high-powered blender, this will work best for the filling, but a food processor will work too. Add the cashews, coconut cream, lime juice, and maple syrup to a blender container.
- Blend until the cashews are completely liquified and smooth, scraping down the sides occasionally. Depending on your blender this could take anywhere from 5-10 minutes. If you’re using a food processor it will take longer to get a smooth texture, but it is achievable. Just keep blending and scraping down the sides until it is nice and smooth. Once the cashews are blended, add the avocado and blend again until smooth.
- Pour the avocado mixture onto the prepared pie crust and then smooth out the top with a spatula. Put in the freezer for a couple of hours to set and then move to the fridge.
- This key lime pie is wonderful eaten either frozen or chilled, but will not hold up at room temperature. Serve alongside a dollop of coconut whipped cream if desired.