Crunchy vegetables, hearty rice noodles and a spicy, creamy sauce – this asian noodle-bowl with yellow curry sauce takes less than 20 minutes to make and brings warmth and freshness at the same time to this cold winter season.
Asian Noodle Bowl with Yellow Curry Sauce [Vegan]
For the yellow curry sauce:
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 pinch garlic powder (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
For the noodle-bowl:
- 2 cups rice noodles
- cucumber, carrot, pepper, soy sprouts
- peanuts, chopped
- spring rolls or tofu (optional)
- fresh mint and coriander (optional)
For the yellow curry sauce combine all the ingredients into a small pot, bring to a boil, and simmer on low for 5-7 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and more lime juice and curry paste if needed.
In the meantime, prepare the noodles according to package instructions.
Wash the vegetables and thinly slice.
Divide the cooked noodles with the vegetables, spring rolls or tofu - if you like - herbs and peanuts to two bowls and pour the hot curry sauce on top.