This vegan apple cake will knock the socks off of anybody who tries it. It's fluffy, chunky, perfectly sweet, and amazing!
Apple Cake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Apple Cake [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large apples, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
How to Prepare Apple Cake [Vegan]
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Grease a bundt cake pan and set aside.
- Peel and dice the apples into small pieces and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients: oil, syrup, applesauce, cider, and vanilla.
- Mix in the brown sugar, spices, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix in 1 cup of the flour until it's evenly incorporated.
- Mix in the 2nd cup of flour until it's evenly incorporated.
- Gently fold in the diced apple.
- Pour the batter into the greased bundt cake pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake on the middle rack of your oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and set the bundt cake pan on a drying rack for 5 minutes to cool.
- Once the bundt cake pan is cool enough to handle (you might still need oven mitts), flip the pan upside down on the drying rack and gently shake it a few times until the cake falls out of the pan.
- Let it cool for another 10-15 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling, make the icing.
- Mix the powdered sugar and maple syrup in a bowl, and whisk until a smooth icing forms.
- Drizzle the icing over top of the cake in a stripe design.
- Let the icing set for a few minutes, then slice, serve, and enjoy!
If you don't have apple cider on hand, substitute the same amount for any non-dairy plant milk. If you don't have oil on hand, substitute the same amount for any non-dairy butter spread (melted). No the pumpkin pie spice isn't a typo! It works really well in this recipe. If you don't have a premade blend of pumpkin pie spice, mix together 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg. Store any leftover cake in an air-tight container or covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.