These homemade gluten-free crackers are perfectly flavored with amaranth and garlic. They are crisp, soft, nutty, with a tinge of sweetness from the fresh flour. Perfect for snacking throughout the day or serve them with your favorite vegan cheeses when you have guests over. These homemade gluten-free crackers are so tasty! They will impress everyone!
Amaranth And Garlic Crackers [Vegan And Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup Amaranth flour
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons water + 1 more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 big clove of garlic crushed or grated
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh Thyme
- 1 sprig of Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 356°F.
- Pick thyme leaves. Pick Rosemary leaves and chop them finely.
- Take all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix well. The dough will be clumpy and sandy initially. Add more water only if needed.
- You can mix the ingredients in a food processor also.
- Transfer to the counter and knead till smooth.
- Divide the dough into two parts.
- Place one half in a parchment sheet. Cover with another parchment sheet. Roll out with a rolling pin to an even thickness of about 5mm.
- Cut with a sharp knife. Prick with a fork to prevent puffing up. This also helps in baking evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden around the edges. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Cool on the rack and store in an airtight container.