This almond taco filling is simply amazing. It is very filling but also so delicious and goes well with all your favorite taco fillings!
Almond Taco Filling [Vegan]
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup canned red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder double it if you like spicy
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Place the almonds into your food processor and pulse for about 20-30 seconds, until the almonds are well chopped. There shouldn't be any huge pieces of almonds, but it shouldn’t be totally fine like flour either.
- Add the kidney beans, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garlic powder, cayenne powder, salt and balsamic vinegar and pulse for about 20-30 seconds, until the mixture is mixed up. The consistency should be a bit chunky, not smooth like paste. Add salt if needed.
- Place in a container and store in the fridge just like that. Use this mixture for tacos, burritos or salads. You can heat it up in a skillet or have it cold.