These nutrient-dense energy packed Almond Power Bars are made even more irresistible with a thick, healthy chocolate topping. They are easily made with a nut combination of almonds, sunflower seeds and hazelnuts. These addictive bars are not only raw, but vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, paleo-friend and with no processed sugars.
Almond Power Bars With Chocolate Topping [Vegan]
- 2 cups organic raw almonds
- 1/2 cup organic sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup organic hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup organic almond butter
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 6 tablespoons organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- Add the following: almonds, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts and almond butter to a food processor and process for approximately 10 seconds for a chunkier nut texture or approximately 20 seconds for a finer nut texture.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut oil, honey (or maple syrup for vegan) and vanilla extract and mix together until well blended.
- In a large bowl, add the nut mixture and coconut oil/honey mixture together and mix together until well blended.
- Put the mixture in an 8 x 8 glass baking dish (lined with parchment paper if you prefer), and put in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes or until firm.
- Mix the coconut oil (melted/liquid), cacao and honey (or maple syrup for vegan) and stir until well combined.
- Remove the bars from the freezer.
- Pour the chocolate topping over the bars and VERY QUICKLY spread in a thin layer (it will start to harden once it touches the frozen bars and will be difficult to spread).
- Return the bars back to the freezer for approximately 15 - 30 minutes to allow the chocolate topping to completely harden.
- Transfer them to the refrigerator for about 15 - 30 minutes prior to cutting and serving to soften them slightly.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer because they will get very soft and lose their shape if left out at room temperature.