I make fresh roasted almond butter and make these bars with them. You could use normal almond butter. I haven’t tried with raw almond butter. I've made these several times for a big group and they're always clamoring for more. Bottom line? Make these! They're darn good!
Almond Butter Cranberry Fudge Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup dates (around 12-13)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup each (or 1 cup of either one) almonds and walnuts
- 1/3 cup roasted almond butter
- 1/4 cup agave/coconut nectar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon (make it 2 teaspoons for normal vanilla extract) concentrated vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon water
- In a food processor, roughly process almonds,walnuts and half cup of oats. Add to a large mixing bowl
- Again in the food processor, add 1 cup oats, dates and cranberries and make a sticky mixture out of it and add to the bowl. Use water to ease the process.
- In a saucepan, add roasted almond butter, agave/coconut nectar, salt, and vanilla, heat it and add to the bowl.
- Mix everything together. the mixture will be extremely sticky. It’s okay.
- Add to a baking tray lined with parchment paper and refrigerate it for at least 3 hours
- Take it out and make tiny squares. Keep refrigerated and take it out just before you serve.
Add extra 1/4 cup of shredded coconut (plain or toasted) for an extra flavour.