Soaking the buckwheat not only makes them easier to digest, but easier for the body to absorb the nutrients. This is a quick and easy raw porridge that everyone can enjoy! Kick off your day in a healthy way with activated buckwheat and creamy coconut.
Activated Buckwheat & Coconut Porridge with Blueberry Sauce [Vegan, Raw]
For the Porridge:
- 1 and 1/2 cups soaked and rinsed buckwheat
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup or 3 dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla essence
For the Blueberry Sauce:
- 1 cup blueberries (if using frozen make sure they have defrosted)
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 3-4 tablespoons of water or coconut water
For the Toppings:
- Roast coconut flakes
- Using a high speed blender or food processor blend all porridge ingredients and pour into bowl.
- Clean out then blend together your blueberry sauce (if it's not blending well you may need to add more water but you don't want it runny)
- Dollop of blueberry sauce on buckwheat porridge and with a spoon you can make your swirl.
- Add toppings and enjoy your wholesome breakfast!