If you’re on TikTok, this recipe has probably already caught your attention. Cloud bread is a viral food trend on TikTok that is fun to make, and even more fun to eat! While it’s usually made from egg whites, the vegan community on the app was quick to create a plant-based version that doesn’t require any eggs or dairy by-products.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Egg-Free Cloud Bread
@sanctuaryvegan #CloudBread #vegancloudbread #cloudbreadrecipe #eggfree #eggfreecloudbread #vegan #tiktoktrends #tiktoktrending #fyp ♬ Dynamite – BTS
Source: sanctuary vegan/TikTok
For this recipe, you’ll need a can of chickpeas, sugar, cornstarch, vegan food coloring, and xanthin gum. Using an electric mixer, mix all of these ingredients until fluffy peaks form. Transfer the mixture onto a parchment-lined pan and form it into a round bread-like shape. Stick it in the oven, and you’ve got yourself the perfect vegan cloud bread!
2. Making TikTok CLOUD BREAD without EGGS
Source: Sauce Stache/YouTube
Have you seen the viral TikTok cloud bread, and wished for a version that doesn’t require eggs? Well, you’re in luck. Sauce Stache shows us that you can easily make this fluffy bread using plant-based ingredients. Instead of using aquafaba as the egg-white replacement, he uses a special ingredient that works even better!
3. How To Make Vegan Cloud Bread
Julia Frank is here to show you how to make a plant-based version of cloud bread. While her recipe didn’t turn out as fluffy as the original, it’s still a healthy, and delicious vegan alternative!
4. Aquafaba Cloud Cookies
Source: Terry The Vegan Cyborg/YouTube
We’ve all seen the famous cloud bread recipes, but have you seen cloud cookies? Made using aquafaba to achieve the fluffy consistency, Terry the vegan shows us how to make plant-based meringue cookies that look irresistible!
5. Vegan Cloud Bread Recipe
@joselyn.m.p me and @zaynesimmons8 decided to make vegan cloud bread! hopefully it works out idk find out in part 2 #CloudBread #vegan #bakingrecipe ♬ Alice in Wonderland – Joanna Wang
Cloud bread is such a simple recipe, and this vegan version is healthy too! All you need is aquafaba, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and cinnamon, and you’ve got yourself fluffy heaven!
6. Vegan Cloud Bread Gone Wrong
@planttrainers Don’t bother making this…it was fun but gross! #CloudBread #veganfood #plantbased #veganrecipe #dontmakethis ♬ Steven Universe – L.Dre
Just like any other TikTok trend, they don’t always go as planned! This user attempted the vegan cloud bread recipe. While it looked promising going into the oven, it didn’t come out as fluffy as she had imagined. With this recipe, practice makes perfect, and you just might need to play around with the ingredients.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.