This sun-dried tomato pesto is lower fat, oil free, and ridiculously creamy. I don’t know why it works but it does, and I’ve learned not to question such wonders. I simply take them in stride. This will be my message of the day for you to sew on a pillow. I welcome miracles with open arms, a grateful heart, and a shiny spoon. Dedicated with love to Angela. She was the one who made me fall in love with sun dried tomatoes many a day ago. I tip my hat to you Angela, your talent, and your beauty inside and out!
The World’s Healthiest Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1/3 cup mashed avocado flash
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup tightly packed basil (I used some beautiful fresh baby spinach and it turned out fabulously.)
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes (not oil packed; see note below)
- 1-2 Tablespoons almond milk, as needed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, puree the avocado until extra smooth.
- Then add in the minced garlic and lemon juice and pulse until combined.
- Add in the basil leaves and sun dried tomatoes and puree until thoroughly blended, then add the almond milk one tablespoon at a time until you reach that luscious pesto consistency you dream about.
- Salt and pepper so that your tastebuds smile and serve!