Am savoring the last weeks of summer warmth and sunshine but simultaneously embracing fall. What better way to feel both seasons than a cool refreshing breakfast kickstart with just in stock pomegranate! With our busy schedules, a quick and easy recipe but healthily delicious option is always ideal. This recipe takes you only 5 minutes or less! It goes back to basics with the conventional preparation of cooked oatmeal but giving added color and minty fresh appeal! The pomegranate red and spearmint green, walnut pecan flax brown, and unsweetened shredded coconut white is a vibrant spectrum and burst of energy to rocket your week ahead!
Pomegranate Oatmeal Burst [Vegan]
- ½ cup oatmeal (gluten-free)
- 1 cup water (more if softer texture is preferred)
- ¼ Pecans and walnuts, chopped
- ¼ Pomegranate arils
- ½ tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ tsp ground flax meal
- Spearmint leaves
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, salt to taste
- Cook oatmeal in pot with water until your desirable texture.
- Add a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, and stir into oatmeal.
- Place cooked oatmeal in a bowl.
- Sprinkle pecans, walnuts, pomegranate arils, unsweetened shredded coconut and ground flax meal.
- Garnish with spearmint leaves. (I ate mine too!)
- Ready to serve!