Winter finally feels like it's here to stay and that means it's time for a tasty drink that can warm you up too. This is the perfect steamy drink after a day of playing in the snow. You can make a big batch of these in before you go out and keep them warm in the slow cooker on low. This modified toddy has a Sugar Cookie tea base that has roasted barley and vanilla. The tea I used is a holiday tea from Celestial Seasonings. If you can't find it you could use a vanilla or almond tea as your base instead. You also get the tastes of some fruit and nut in the toddy with the liqueurs and brandy. Just top it off with some vegan creamer and optional sweetener and make it meld into your new favorite drink.
Almond Sugar Cookie Hot Toddy [Vegan]
- 1 teabag of apple cinnamon tea
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon apple brandy
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto
- 1 teaspoon orange liquor
- plain soy or coconut creamer, to taste
- sweetener of choice, to taste
- Place the teabag in the hot water in a mug and brew for 5 minutes. remove teabag and add liqueurs. Add creamer and sweetener and serve.
- If you prefer a stronger drink you can double the amount of alcohol called for or add a shot of vanilla vodka.