It’s Fri-yay! And while we won’t be torturing you with that catchy but awful song, we will be enlightening you on the new vegan menus and openings we’ve spotted this week. From sweet vegan ice cream to Chinese pop-up shops finally finding their permanent city, here are some of the best vegan eats to try this weekend.
- Evergreen Organics, Doha, Qatar: In Qatar, vegan food is scarce which is why Al-Sulaiti made Evergreen Organics, the first vegan spot in Qatar. They have cold pressed juices, sunrise bowls, coconut yogurt, grain bowls and more.
- Midnight Noodle, New Orleans, LA: Midnight Noodle will serve its vegan eats at the Catahoula Hotel and the menu will feature smashed mala cucumbers, veggie potstickers, fried ice cream and more. Find them at 914 Union St New Orleans, LA 70112.
- Straw Hat Pizza, Northern California: This cute little genuine California pizza spot has a variety of menu options, like the veggie monster, just leave the cheese off. They’re going to introduce a fully vegan pizza (cheese included) mid-June 2018, so stay on the lookout! Find them at various Northern California locations.
- Smith & Daughters, Fitzroy, AU: Smith & Daughters has been vegan for a while, but now they’re introducing vegan Italian food! They’ll have not-beef carpaccio, cacio e pepe, and a soy protein-based schnitty. Find them at 175 Brunswick St, Fitzroy VIC 3065.
- Veggie Wagon, Carolina Beach, NC: The Veggie Wagon has new vegan ice cream! They’re a locally family owned produce company located at 3315 Masonboro Loop Road and 608 S. Lake Park Blvd in Carolina Beach.
- Krunch, Houghton, Michigan: Krunch officially opened its doors Monday, June 11. They’re a fast food restaurant that serves grain bowls, sandwiches, drinks and appetizers. Find them at 501 W Memorial Road Houghton, Michigan.
- Tibits, London: Tibits announced they’re launching bottomless brunch events, and it’ll be vegan! Enjoy tasty drinks, maple pancakes, and a spicy chakalaka bulgar. They’re located at 124 Southwark St, SE1 0SW.
- Cedar Ridge Café & Bakery, Maplewood, NJ: This cute little spot in New Jersey is going all veggie, vegan and kosher in September! They’ll have plenty of vegan breakfast options. Find them at 410 Ridgewood RoadMaplewood, NJ.
Email us at [email protected] if you spot any new vegan restaurants near you and we’ll feature it in our ongoing ‘Spotted’ series!
If you enjoy food that is served in vegan restaurants like these, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App, it’s available for both Android and iPhone and has free and paid versions. The app is loaded with thousands of allergy-friendly & vegan recipes/cooking tips, has hundreds of search filters and features like bookmarking, meal plans and more!
Lead image source: Shutterstock