Want to start eating a vegan diet on a budget but don’t know where to start? People may think that eating a vegan diet is expensive, but that is where they would be wrong. If done right, a vegan diet can be surprisingly affordable for most people.
@wholisticmami cheap vegan shopping haul! #vegan #nutrition #naturopathicnutrition #nutritionist #wellness #veganshopping #cheapvegan #groceryshopping #healthyliving #holistic #plantbased #health ♬ Lofi nostalgic old music box(833007) – NARU
The most important step when planning a grocery shopping trip on a budget is to meal plan ahead of time. By doing this, you will have a much more accurate idea of what you need to buy for your meals. Meal planning helps you to avoid overspending and breaking your grocery budget as you will know exactly what you need to buy. You can create a detailed shopping list and stick to it, which will prevent unnecessary spending. This will also help your money to go further since you will only be buying the necessities instead of purchasing items that won’t be used.
Buying in bulk can be another great way to save money on each grocery shopping trip. Especially if you have certain foods that you regularly buy in large quantities such as bananas for smoothies or frozen veggies. Bulk buying is more affordable and will help you to stock up on food that you would already be buying consistently.
Make sure to check out our meal plan archive to help you keep your weekly meals fun, fresh, and delicious!
You can also follow @wholisticmami on TikTok for more tips!
- 12 Tips on Sticking to Your Grocery Budget
- 10 Ways to Shop for a Plant-Based Diet on a Budget
- 15 Budget-Friendly Vegan Meals That Are Delicious and Nutritious
- How I Maintain a Very Humble (Low) Budget Eating Vegan, Without Any Sacrifice
- Tips for Shopping at the Farmers Market on a Budget
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.