What if life was just desserts? Well, it can be with these desserts from September 2023! Featuring delights like these, you’ll find yourself adding these to your dessert rotation. Plus, they’re all vegan!
We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Dessert Archives for more ideas!
1. Carrot Cake Sticky Toffee Pudding
I awoke with a jolt one morning. The reason? In my mind, sticky toffee pudding and carrot cake should become one. It makes so much friggin’ sense. They have a lot of the same ingredients, but when I tell you adding carrots to a sticky toffee pudding was a good idea, I am vastly understated what is happening here. The marriage of dates and carrots with the toffee sauce will forever be burned into my brain as one of the best desserts I have ever had and this Carrot Cake Sticky Toffee Pudding by Lauren Boehme is worth making. Credit: Reprinted with permission from Delicious AF Vegan by Lauren Boehme. Page Street Publishing Co. 2023. Photo credit: Lauren Boehme and Julie Grace.
2. Cinnamon Currant Scones
Source: Cinnamon Currant Scones
Rich, flakey, melt-in-your-mouth cinnamon currant scones are biscuit meets cake only better. This Cinnamon Currant Scones by Carol Clayton has just the right texture from fluffy date sugar and buttery coconut cream. Gently spiced with cinnamon, these vegan scones are a must-try for your weekend baking plans!
Get the Blissful Cookbook!
3. Vegan Oat Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream
4. Pecan Cheesecake
Source: Pecan Cheesecake
5. Flourless Chickpea Brownies
Source: Flourless Chickpea Brownies
These Flourless Chickpea Brownies by Maggie Wescott are fudgy and packed full of delicious chocolate flavor. These protein-packed brownies make a healthy dessert or snack any time of the day! Chickpeas are a fairly neutral-flavored bean and once combined with all the other ingredients there isn’t a hint of bean anywhere. These brownies are dense and fudgy, with the perfect amount of sweetness from the maple syrup and dark chocolate.
6. Boston Cream Doughnut
Source: Boston Cream Doughnut
7. Pecan, Walnut, and Ginger Cookies
If you’re someone who tries to resist fall every time it comes around, let these Pecan, Walnut, and Ginger Cookies by Kathryn Geyer guide you into the new season. Nobody’s trying to hit you over the head with pumpkin spice or butternut squash, but autumn flavors like ginger and cinnamon and hearty, buttery nuts come together to make one seriously seasonal (and delicious!) dessert.
8. Chocolate Beet Cupcakes
Source: Chocolate Beet Cupcakes
9. Apple Pumpkin Pie Tart
Source: Apple Pumpkin Pie Tart
This Apple Pumpkin Pie Tart by Clémence Moulaert looks more like a cross between a pumpkin pie and an apple tart, but just didn’t sound as attractive, so a pie I shall call it, even though it absolutely, unequivocally is. not. a pie.
10. Coffee Lovers Caramel Drip Cake
Source: Coffee Lovers Caramel Drip Cake
As you can guess from the title, this cake is dedicated to all the coffee lovers out there, including me! This Coffee Lovers Caramel Drip Cake by Charlotte Roberts has two layers of moist coffee-infused sponge cake that are gloriously sandwiched together and coated with a vanilla coffee buttercream frosting and a generous drizzle of homemade coffee caramel sauce. Credit: Reprinted with permission from Decadent Vegan Cakes by Charlotte Roberts. Page Street Publishing Co. 2023. Photo credit: Charlotte Roberts.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.