One Green Planet is a platform for the growing compassionate and eco-conscious generation. With over 6 million monthly visitors, we are the fastest growing (and largest!) independent digital media startup focused on sustainable food, animal welfare, environmental protection, and cruelty-free/green living. If that’s not enough, we also just happen to be the biggest vegan/plant-based food and recipe site on the Internet.
About The Role
This is an exciting new role for a savvy social media coordinator to reach a huge, passionate community of Green Monsters that are eager to engage!
- Create shareable content for various social media platforms, including graphics, gifs, memes, etc.
- Daily management of One Green Planet’s high volume social communities, including all content development, scheduling, posting and user engagement.
- Collaborate with One Green Planet’s editorial team to develop and execute social media campaigns across platforms, to drive engagement and growth.
- Conduct research and analysis on new and emerging trends in social media and viral content.
- Engage with (and help build) One Green Planet’s Green Monster Community and #imagreenmonster and #EatForThePlanet hashtags.
- Develop and maintain reports detailing key insights and metrics, including but not limited to trending topics and platform growth statistics
- College degree with 2-3 years of relevant work experience in the creation, execution, and publishing of professional social media content on multiple platforms.
- An avid One Green Planet reader, passionate about our areas of focus, including vegan food, eco-friendly/cruelty-free products, environmental and animal issues.
- MUST know photoshop or other similar photo editing software like Illustrator, etc. Designing shareable gifs, graphics, posters and images is a daily part of the job.
- Demonstrated experience using various social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Tumblr, Vine, YouTube, and Snapchat.
- Highly analytical and strong understanding of performance metrics as they relate to social media. Knowledge of social media performance tools a plus.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and grammar skills.
- Creative, quick, and eager to work at a fast-paced startup.
- A sense of humor and an attitude topped with AWESOMESAUCE is a HUGE Plus!
- Send a cover letter to [email protected] explaining why you are specifically interested in working for One Green Planet
- Include links/attachments to your resume and social media accounts, along with one amazing social media campaign idea that you’d love to execute for One Green Planet and why you think it’s would be EPIC.
- What is your salary expectation for this role?
- We would love for you to participate in our #imagreenmonster campaign: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/unleash-your-green-monster/ and send a link of your update along with your application.
- Candidates must be based in New York City/Tri-State Area