Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Product: Sweet Earth Natural Foods
Burritos: The Curry Tiger, The Kyoto, Big Sur Breakfast, and The Anasazi
Where to Buy: To purchase this product, CLICK HERE! (Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see if they are in a store near you)
About Sweet Earth Natural Foods: Sweet Earth Natural Foods vegetarian burritos are packed with real vegetables and ancient grains, combined with amazing international flavors. High protein and low fat, every burrito is an intentional blend of plant-based protein, ancient grains, fresh vegetables and efficacious herbs and spices. A delicious combination of worldly and local. Here are the details on 4 of their burritos:
- The Curry Tiger: A blend of lentils, curried seitan, red peppers, potatoes. Spiced with turmeric, cinnamon and cardamom.
- The Kyoto: A Japanese-style blend of adzuki beans, edamame, baby bok choy, baby spinach and ginger.
- Big Sur Breakfast: A delicious blend of roasted red peppers, potatoes, smoked seitan bits and seasoned tofu.
- The Anasazi: A smoky blend of green chilies, anasazi beans, butternut squash, chipotle seitan and ginger.
The One Green Planet Verdict: We tried four of Sweet Earth’s vegetarian burrito flavors and enjoyed every bite!
These burritos are not your typical store-bought freezer section fare. Each burrito offers a choir of flavors in every bite. The ingredients taste fresh and the seasonings are spot on. We especially enjoyed the texture of the tofu or seitan in each burrito.
The Kyoto is such a unique and unexpected burrito! It is almost like a stir-fry wrapped up in a tortilla. All of the ingredients meld so well together and the edamame adds a great texture.
The Anasazi is a great burrito to enjoy on a fall afternoon. The butternut squash and chipotle seitan are a great marriage.
The Curry Tiger has a beautiful aroma when you bite into it. The cinnamon and cardamom leave your senses wanting more.
But our favorite flavor was the Big Sur Breakfast burrito. A burrito cannot go wrong with potatoes, and the smoked seitan and seasoned tofu make for a delicious protein source.
With 11-17 grams of protein and up to 6 grams of fiber per serving, we definitely recommend giving these tasty and nutritious burritos a try!
To purchase this product, CLICK HERE! (Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see if they are in a store near you)
CONTEST DETAILS: (Closed on Nov 4th, 2012)
You know our verdict, now you decide! Sweet Earth Natural Foods has generously offered to send a few lucky One Green Planet readers a 4-pack of burritos!** All you need to do is:
1. Complete this sentence in the comments section below, “Sweet Earth Natural Foods vegetarian burritos would jazz up my freezer because…”
2. SHARE (Facebook/Google Plus), TWEET (Twitter), LIKE (Facebook) or PIN this review by clicking on the social media buttons right below the title above. Include a link of your tweet/share/pin in the comments section below.
To qualify both #1 and #2 MUST be done.
**Contest open to U.S. residents only