This soup super easy to make, healthy and incredibly delicious. You can top with chopped green onion, cracked pepper, and a little coconut cream and you have a beautiful, festive presentation.
Creamy Vegan Cauliflower & Leek Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Large leeks, tough dark green tops removed, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into 2-inch florets
- 4 cups vegetable stock or enough to cover all your ingredients
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 bay leaves
- Sea salt to taste
- pinch coarse black pepper, for garnish
- chopped green onion, for garnish
- Coconut cream drizzled on top, for garnish
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the leeks and celery to the pot and fry until soft about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the stock, water, cauliflower, and the bay leaf, then bring to a boil.
- Simmer 30 minutes or until the florets are tender, then discard the bay leaf.
- Puree the soup in a food processor until smooth.
- Garnish with cracked pepper, coconut cream and green onions.