A lovely rendition of broccoli rabe with golden onions, a hint of spice and sweetness, and some coconut milk to round it off.
Sautéed Broccoli Rabe With Red Chili Flakes [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 3 pods of garlic, minced
- 3 medium sized cipollini onions, finely chopped or 1 medium sized red onion, chopped
- 2 cups of chopped broccoli rabe/rapini finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 11/2 tablespoons coconut milk (optional)
- Lots of crushed red pepper flakes to finish
- Heat the oil on medium heat for about a minute.
- Add the black mustard seeds and wait for the seeds to crackle.
- Add in the minced garlic and cook for a minute until the garlic is soft and fragrant.
- Add in the onion and cook for 6 to 7 minutes until the onion is beginning to turn golden brown.
- Add in the rapini an mix well.
- Add in the sugar, salt, and the coconut milk if using and cook for a minute or two.
- Add in plenty of crushed red pepper flakes and serve immediately.