Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
From Narwhal, the dog with a tail on his head, to Ellery Max, the dog who was born with five legs, we love stories about special dogs that have happy endings. We’re here to bring you another one that is sure to put a smile on your face!
Noelle isn’t like most other dogs. Not only was she born extremely small, but she also was born with only two legs. Soon after Noelle was born, her mother stopped nursing her. Thus, at only two weeks old, she was rescued by Cheri and Ward on Christmas Eve.
Noelle struggled to move around and had health issues, including difficulty breathing; however, Cheri and Ward did everything that they could for the sweet pup. And it paid off. Eventually, Noelle started to do a lot better as she got a bit bigger and more confident. She also got wheels that worked like a doggy wheelchair! They confused her a bit at first, but she was running and jumping around in no time.
Cheri and Ward couldn’t bear to give Noelle up, so they adopted her themselves! Every day is a new adventure with their little Christmas miracle.
- Rescued Special Needs Puppy and Flightless Pigeon are Best Buds!
- We’re Losing it This Over Special Needs Dog Who Loves His Sitter!
- Meet Narwhal, the Magical Dog with an Extra Tail on His Head [Video]
- Unique Bull Dog is Born with Five Legs [Video]
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!