Plant Based World Conference & Expo (PBW) has announced the speaker lineup for the Food Solutions For Human Health Summit that is set to happen June 7-8, 2019 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City, and medical professionals, businesspeople, and the general public alike could all benefit from listening in. Additionally, PBW and The Plantrician Project are working on educational sessions for healthcare professionals to earn CME credits.
The following professionals all promote plant-based nutrition for health reasons and are confirmed speakers at the Food Solutions For Human Health Summit:
- Scott Stoll, MD, a board-certified specialist in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation with a specialty in regenerative medicine who is the Co-Founder, Board Chairman and Chief Medical Officer of the Plantrician Project
- Joel Kahn, MD, a Holistic Cardiologist
- T. Colin Campbell, PhD, a biochemist specializing in nutrition and Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University
- Michelle McMacken, MD, a board-certified internal medicine physician and an assistant professor of medicine at NYU School of Medicine
- Garth Davis, MD, a physician specializing in medical and surgical weight management and author of “The Experts Guide To Weight Loss Surgery” and “Proteinaholic”
- Saray Stancic, MD, a board-certified physician and founder of Stancic Health and Wellness, LLC, a medical practice with a goal of getting patients to go plant-based.
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, a physician and best-selling author on the science behind and health benefits of a plant-based, whole-foods diet.
- Michael Greger, MD, a physician, author, and professional speaker and the founder of NutritionFacts.org, which provides free science-backed, non-commercial media covering the latest developments in nutrition.
PBW also welcomes two additional new members, Martin Tull, Director of Partnerships at American College of Lifestyle Medicine, and Chad Sarno, Co-Founder of Wicked Healthy and VP of Culinary at Good Catch Foods. The new members join a large number of leaders in the plant-based food space, including those from The Plantrician Project, The Humane Society, Plant Based Foods Association, Forks Over Knives, Farm Sanctuary, Purple Carrot, Vegan Action, The Good Food Institute, Borough of Brooklyn, Next Level Burger, Stray Dog Capital, New Crop Capital, and of course, One Green Planet, to name just a few members of the Advisory Council.
Dr. Stoll stated: “Food is one of the most powerful forces on the Earth today, and the choices that we make every day about what we put on our plates impacts everything … Food impacts our own health, the soil and farmland we are stewarding, critical resources and the environment, finances of individuals and governments, and our own joy and longevity. The Food Solutions for Human Health Summit will help people discover the simple, elegant yet critical answers on how to solve these challenges using healthy foods and delicious meals.”
To learn more about the conference and reserve tickets, go here.
To learn more about the Plant-Based World Expo, check out this recent episode of the Eat for the Planet with Nil Zacharias podcast featuring Ben Davis.
Image Source: Pixabay