Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
As the Russia-Ukraine conflict continues, Europe faces a dilemma. While the overwhelming majority of European leaders want to distance themselves from the human-rights abusing Putin, energy policy is complicating the issue. Many countries in Europe are dependent on Russia for oil and gas, preventing nations from completely turning against the dictator.
“Fossil fuel extraction on public lands and waters must end or it will only intensify the already devastating impacts to our climate and waterways,” said Marc Yaggi, executive director of Waterkeeper Alliance. Analyses show that climate Pollution from the world’s fossil fuel developments, at full potential, would push warming past 1.5 degrees Celsius. To avoid this warming, we must first put an end to new investments in fossil fuel projects.
Massive transitions toward green energy are long overdue, and the atrocities we are witnessing in Ukraine are just one more example of that. Sign this petition to demand the United States and European Union heavily invest in wind and solar to increase energy independence and national security!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Protect Eastern Indigo Snakes
- Protect Birds from Crashing into Windows
- Urge Authorities to Find Animal Abusers in the UK
- Ban Duck Hunting in Victoria
- Justice for Dog Thrown Out of a Moving Car
- Urge Florida to Recommend Children get Vaccinated
- Call on Amazon to Become Carbon Neutral
- Demand Congress Protect North Atlantic Right Whales from Going Extinct
- Tell Missouri to Reject Abortion Bill
- Pressure the US Government to Clean Up Racist Air Pollution Practices
- Ask Swiss Lawmakers to Ban Eating Dogs and Cats
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!