Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Although pugs are adorable dogs, humans have bred them to be severely flat-faced, making them very likely to suffer from intense, painful health issues. They spend a lifetime of suffering unnecessarily. Along with breathing difficulties, puppies often experience hyperthermia, sleep apnea, eye disease, and other severe illnesses. Breeders are still trying to run a business at the end of the day, and until the demand for these trendy designer breeds is put to a halt through a government ban, animal welfare is still at risk.
Source: Cynical Reviews/Youtube
Regardless of the millions of pets looking for loving homes, only around 20 percent of Americans adopt their dogs from shelters. You can find virtually any breed of animal in your local shelter – purebred or mixed – but consumers continue to pay hundreds, sometimes thousands, of dollars for dogs from breeders. Breeding dogs is irresponsible and harmful no matter how good their reputation may be. Sign this petition to urge the U.S. government to ban the breeding of pugs.
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Elephants Shouldn’t Be Taught to Perform Unhealthy Tricks
- Ban the Yulin Dog Meat Festival Once and For All
- Tell Harvard to return human remains to the communities they belong to
- Demand America’s prosecutors refuse to prosecute abortions
- Stop McConnell’s ploy to deny school meals to millions of hungry kids
- Hold Verizon and AT&T accountable for pretending to be LGBTQ+ Allies
- Expel Ron Johnson for trying to overturn the election with fake Trump electors
- End the Annual Canadian Seal Hunt
- Save the Trout and Salmon Population in Scotland
- Free Happy the elephant From Her ‘One-Acre Prison’For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the
One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!