Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
It’s time for Trader Joe’s to ditch the plastic. The U.S. grocery store chain is known for its affordable organic and specialty food offerings, but also known for its insistence on putting plastic on everything. This includes everything from fruits and vegetables such as cucumbers and bell peppers, to soaps, and prepackaged meals. Back in 2019, Trader Joe’s announced it would supposedly roll back on its plastic use. However, since then, shoppers throughout the country haven’t noticed a difference in their plastic use. We, as consumers, must hold them accountable for the promise.
Source: Interesting Engineering/Youtube
Single-use plastic packaging is one of the most wasteful plastic items. Trader Joe’s has an opportunity to set an amazing example for other grocery stores by taking plastic pollution seriously and making it a top priority to become a more eco-friendly company. Sign this petition to tell Trader Joe’s to ditch the plastic packaging!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Elephants Shouldn’t Be Taught to Perform Unhealthy Tricks
- Ban the Yulin Dog Meat Festival Once and For All
- Tell Harvard to return human remains to the communities they belong to
- Demand America’s prosecutors refuse to prosecute abortions
- Stop McConnell’s ploy to deny school meals to millions of hungry kids
- Hold Verizon and AT&T accountable for pretending to be LGBTQ+ Allies
- Expel Ron Johnson for trying to overturn the election with fake Trump electors
- End the Annual Canadian Seal Hunt
- Save the Trout and Salmon Population in Scotland
- Free Happy the elephant From Her ‘One-Acre Prison’
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!