Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
According to PetPedia, every 60 seconds, an animal suffers from abuse, with more than 65 percent being dogs. This is one of the reasons that Australians are calling for more comprehensive animal cruelty laws.
Source: ABC News (Australia)/YouTube
Increasing punishments for incidents of animal abuse is not only expensive, but it doesn’t result in less animal cruelty. This is why Australia needs to invest in effective and preventative methods for keeping pets and livestock safe.
Animal advocates are calling for ownership bans for people that have a record of animal abuse since many abusers are repeat offenders. Spay and neuter programs are also a great way to prevent unwanted offspring and can, in turn, help decrease animal abuse cases.
Unfortunately, simply punishing people for animal cruelty doesn’t do much to protect animals. Prevention methods are more effective and needed. The people of Australia are calling on the Parliament to finally invest in effective animal cruelty prevention programs.
Sign this petition to tell the Parliament of Australia to invest in effective animal cruelty prevention methods!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand New Mexico and West Virginia Finally Ban Bestiality
- Demand FIFA Take Accountability For the Thousands of Migrant Workers That Have Died in Qatar
- Protect Fungi That Have Long Been Neglected in Conservation
- Pledge to Protect Cats From the Cold This Winter
- Tell Ohio to Stop Killing Mink That Escaped From Deadly Fur Farm
- Tell Germany to Ban Circus From Using and Abusing Animals For Show
- Tell Congress to Finally Pass A $15 Federal Minimum Wage
- Demand Investigation into the Kansas PD For Ignoring Evidence of a Racist Serial Killer for Months
- Tell the Chinese Government to Stop High-Rise Factory Farm That Will Slaughter 1.2 Million Pigs Each Year
- Tell Australia to Invest in Effective Animal Cruelty Prevention Laws
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!