With this in mind, seeing the penguin in this video wandering the streets of Chimbote, Peru, is heartbreaking. The poor thing was terrified in this new, strange environment. Luckily for the penguin, some concerned residents called public safety to get the penguin out of the streets and into somewhere safe.
Despite the strangeness of the situation, the officers were able to catch the penguin without hurting him or getting bitten. The best part is that the penguin calms down enough by the end to let them rub his belly and eat fresh fish from their hands!
The situation might be bad, but being lost in a city isn’t the worst thing penguins have to contend with by far.
No one knows where the penguin came from yet. Some residents think that he fell out of a vehicle. Whatever the case, this little guy is in good hands now at the Chimbote Forest Nursery. We hope that he gets to return to the wild soon.
- Penguin Travels 5,000 Miles Every Year to Visit Man Who Saved Him (PHOTOS)
- The Entire City of Lima, Peru Was Involved in Helping This One Stranded Penguin Get Back Home
- Why This Viral Video of Penguins Attempting to Escape From a Zoo is Heartbreaking, Not Cute
- Penguins Threatened by Construction of New Building in Australia
- 5 Major Threats to Penguins and What You Can Do To Help
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!