Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
It makes me so happy to see how my dad spends his retirement. I hope one day, I can have days that feel like it’s purposeful, but also includes mid-day naps, K-dramas, and cat time. #catdadha #dad #cats #dayinthelife
This Tiktoker shared a day in their 76-year-old dad’s life, and the internet can’t get enough!
Instead of going out and buying cat toys ad supplies from the pet store, he makes everything from scratch! He starts by drawing the designs for the cats toys, cutting them out with scissors, and measuring fabric.
“He designed all the toys and and made the patterns out of real state mailers! – Even though he’s technically retired, my dad loves having something to do everyday!”
With an estimated 7.6 million animals enter America’s shelters every year, it’s more important than ever to adopt not shop, volunteer. This viral video serves as a heartwarming reminder to give back in any way that we can!
- Why Fostering Dogs and Cats is So Important and How You Can Get Involved!
- 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!