These DIY eco-friendly disinfectant wipes are a great way to save money and be more environmentally friendly. They are also easy to make, as The Craft Aisle shows us, and can be used to clean and disinfect surfaces in your home. Plus, you can customize the scent of your wipes by adding different essential oils. Give it a try!
@thecraftaisle Bye forever lysol wipes 👋 #ecofriendlyhacks #cleantok #cleaningtiktok #cleaninghacks #lysolwipes #disinfectingwipes #diy #diyhacks ♬ TO THE MOON – Jnr Choi & Sam Tompkins
To make your own wipes, you will need water, vinegar, rubbing alcohol, essential oils, hand towels, and a glass jar.
First, you will need to mix together 1 cup of water, 1/2 cup of vinegar, and 1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol in a bowl. This mixture will act as the base for your wipes. You can also add 10-20 drops of essential oils to the mixture for a pleasant scent.
Once the mixture is ready, you can pour it into a container with a lid. Then, add a few hand towels to the container and let them soak up the mixture. Once the paper towels are saturated, you can close the lid and store the wipes in a cool, dry place. Make sure to close the lid tightly so that the wipes don’t dry out.
Now you have your own homemade disinfectant wipes that are eco-friendly and cost-effective. You can use them to clean surfaces, wipe down doorknobs, and even sanitize your hands. Enjoy!
- Want to Live Longer? Eat Vegan!
- Why a “Fruitarian” Diet is Not Actually Healthy
- 8 Incredible Foods to Eat to Enhance Your Longevity
- New Study Shows The Best Diet for Longevity is Mostly Plant-Based!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!