Yahoo! It’s summer! The sun is shining, it’s muy caliente outside, the days are nice and long, and the beach is calling my name!
Have you stocked up on cruelty-free hot weather essentials yet? If not, you better get on that! Here’s a quickie list of some of my faves!
- Amy Sacks Sunglasses, $90-125 – Summer’s all about lookin’ cool while stayin’ cool. Amy Sacks sunglasses are not only oolala fancy and hip, but proceeds from every single purchase helps fund The Pixie Project, which provides food, shelter and medical care to animals in need. Feeling good while looking good is a definite win-win sitch!
- Kiss My Face Factor SPF 50, $8.16 – Yep, you read right, SPF 50! That’s the kind of sun protection I’m talkin’ about. Not only is Kiss My Face sunscreen vegan and cruelty-free, water-resistant and fragrance-free, but it’s also the key to preventing nasty wrinkles and general sun damage. C’mon, I know we all want to look 25 when we’re 80. ;)
- Hok2 Wally Triple Blade Rubber Shower Razors, $7: Stubbly, prickly legs at the beach is a big no-no (unless you’re all about rockin’ the Sasquatch look). Get your gams bikini ready with these cruelty-free razors. They conveniently suction on to your shower wall for easy access, which is a nice plus.
- Bamboo Dreams Beach Towel, $39.50: This eco-friendly beach towel is made from viscose, bamboo and organic cotton. It’s uber soft and cute to boot, especially if you love Koi fishies.
- FeelGoodz, $20: While we’re on the eco-friendly front, let’s talk flip flops—a definite summer must! These comfy, ethical, natural rubber footwares are breathable, colorful (I’m partial to the Sweet Pea pink and lime green ones), and biodegradable! You can literally bury them in your backyard when you’re done with them or simply recycle them.
- Crazy Rumors Orange Creamsicle lip balm, $2.58: We know, it’ sweltering outside and an ice cold tasty treat sounds like the perfect remedy… but instead of giving into ice creamy temptations (that work against that hot bikini body you’ve been working so hard for), indulge in a little sweet treat (completely guilt-free) for your lips. Keep your smackers moisturized, lush, and perfectly smoochable for all those babes you spot at the beach. ;)
- Pure Fit Nutrition Bars, $34.97 (for a pack of 15): Whether you’re off on a road trip, hittin’ the gym, at the beach, or out for a summer night stroll, you’re bound to get a little snacky. These energy bars which come in an array of yummy flavors like Berry Almond Crunch and Chocolate Brownie, are not only crazy delish, but they are also 100% vegan and wheat/gluten-free (they’re also are melt-proof so you can stash ’em in your car, too).
What are some of your favorite vegan summer goodies? Tell us in the comments below!