One Green Planet is a fast-growing media start up focused on compassionate and conscious living.
We are looking for talented Editorial Assistants who are passionate Green Monsters.
- Generate ideas for new features and collaborative posts.
- Duties may include those of a viral content and/or news blogger.
- Write, edit and format articles + perform layout and fact-checking tasks and editorial research.
- Editorial coordination, including planning and communicating with editorial team members, bloggers, and partner organizations.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field, and strong research, proofreading and writing skills.
- 1-3 years work experience.
- A quick learner with a solid understanding of social media platforms and blogging tools.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and communicate well.
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit.
- Ability to generate content ideas quickly and to think visually: Light photo editing skills a plus.
- Creative writing voice that translates to web-speak.
- A sense of humor!
- Send an email to team AT onegreenplanet.org with a cover letter, writing samples, your social media accounts and your resume.
- Please include information about why you want to work at One Green Planet and whether you are more interested in our environmental and Activism categories (Earth Monster, Animal Monster, Buzz Monster) or our Lifestyle categories (Health Monster, Food Monster, Recipe Monster, Life Monster).
- Include 5 creative ideas that you have for the categories that interest you the most.
Candidates must be based in New York City/Tri-State Area
Not qualified for this role or interested in Social Media and Design instead? Check out our amazing Fellowship opportunities: