Are you a superhero in the making? Are you looking to build your research, admin, writing and communication skills while learning the ins-and-outs of the world of publishing? Then why not apply to One Green Planet’s Internship Program? We are a fast-growing media start-up focused on conscious living with a passionate and engaged audience and are looking for talented interns to join our team!
As the largest (and fastest growing) conscious lifestyle platform on the Internet, One Green Planet proudly creates viral and thought-provoking content designed to inspire millions of monthly visitors to take action for the environment, animals, and people alike. We’re all about throwing out preconceived notions and labels that define what it means to be “green” and showing people how they can change the world by taking small actions (like eating vegan donuts).
What’s the Internship Program?
Our internship program is an opportunity that will require you to work from our NYC office. Interns are typically students who are forward-thinking animal lovers, vegan foodies, plant-based health/nutrition and environmental enthusiasts, looking to sharpen their knowledge of online media, and gain experience writing and researching the latest issues in the space while boosting their resume. Interns will have the opportunity to work with the small but awesome One Green Planet team and become an essential part of the day-to-day function of a fast-paced media startup that reaches millions of passionate readers.
What is Expected of Interns?
Interns will focus on working across One Green Planet content categories and work on projects that are close to their own interests and passions while receiving all the tools and guidance they need to help make them a reality. Responsibilities will vary but can range from
- Formatting, researching and fact-checking articles
- Looking for news, writing roundups and supporting the editorial team.
- Social media research/scheduling.
- Administrative tasks as and when needed
- Data entry
What are We Looking For?
In addition to a sense of humor and amazing work ethic, we’re looking for a candidate with the following skill set:
- Candidates currently enrolled in college, pursuing a degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Food Studies, Public Health or related fields.
- A quick learner with a solid understanding of social media platforms and blogging tools.
- Enjoys a fast-paced small team environment and handling multiple projects.
- Photoshop and copyediting skills a BIG plus
- Creative writing voice that translates to web-speak.
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit.
- Ability to generate content ideas quickly and to think visually.
- Strong interest in all things vegan food/cooking, plant-based health, public health nutrition, health education/policy and/or eco-friendly products and lifestyle.
- Sense of humor!
- Send an email to team AT onegreenplanet.org with a cover letter, work/project samples, social media accounts, your resume along with 5 fun/creative ideas! Qualified applicants who are selected for interviews will be assigned a series of test posts/assignments for our consideration.
- We are accepting applications on a rolling basis.
- Incomplete applications that do not include all of the information requested above will not be considered.
- Candidates must be based in NYC/the Tri-State area or willing to relocate at their own cost.
We prefer interns that are located in NYC and can commute to our office.
This is a paid internship!